Home | CV | Research | Teaching | Publications | Texts on line
Born: November 28, 1951
M.A.: mathematics, 1974, Warsaw University (Supervisor: Prof. Andrzej Mostowski) On generalizations of Ehrenfeucht’s games.
PhD: linguistics, 1976, Adam Mickiewicz Univ. (Supervisor: Prof. Jerzy Banczerowski) Mathematical model of linguistic analysis.
Habilschrift: linguistics, 1981, Adam Mickiewicz Univ. Tolerance Spaces with Applications to Linguistics.
Professor: humanities, 1991, Republic of Poland.
A few dozens of works: Publications
- Department of Mathematical Logic, Institute of Mathematics, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (1974-75),
- Institute of Linguistics, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (1975-2015),
- Institute of Psychology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (since 2015).
Present Position: ordinary professor at the Department of Logic and Cognitive Science, Institute of Psychology, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań.
Previously – Head of the Departments of:
- General Linguistics (1981-1982),
- Applied Linguistics and Information Science (1983-1991),
- Methodology of Linguistics (1991-1995),
- Applied Logic (1995-2015);
- Deputy Director of the Institute of Linguistics (1986-1991).
- Mathematical Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences (1977-1978),
- Chair of Applied Mathematics of the Academy of Economics in Poznan (1993-1994),
- Institute of Philosophy, University of Opole (2009-2010).
- Department of Linguistics, SUNY at Buffalo (1978-1979 visiting research scholar),
- Department of German Philology, University of Munich (1983-1984 Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung),
- Department of Linguistics, SUNY at Buffalo (1990, International Research Exchange Board),
- Fachbereich Philosophie der Universität Konstanz (2003, Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung),
- Munich Center for Mathematical Philosophy (2018, research project NCN 2015/17/B/HS1/02232).
- mathematical foundations of cognitive science,
- methods of proof and automated reasoning,
- mathematical logic,
- mathematical problem solving,
- mathematical cognition,
- recursive functions,
- introduction to mathematics,
- methodology of sciences,
- introduction to semantics,
- belief systems,
- logical semiotics,
- social communication,
- general and typological linguistics.
- Dorota Lipowska (née Tomczak) (1988),
- Anna Pietryga (née Luchowska) (1994),
- Włodzimierz Lapis (1999),
- Sławomir Sikora (2000),
- Marcin Junczys-Dowmunt (2009),
- Victoria Kamasa (2010),
- Michał Lipnicki (2014).